Help Desk Specialist: Ft. Worth, Texas
Indigenous Technologies is a Federal IT Services Firm (owned and operated by Delaware Nation Industries) and is currently supporting IT support to the F-35 JPO with IT services in Crystal City, Virginia. This operation provides a full range of IT support to the F-35 JPO and its mission.
HELP DESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software; including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Secret clearance required at time of hire
- Certification in either Comptia A+ or Network+.
- IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management” (or achieve within six months of TOA).
- High School diploma or GED
- Familiarity with Microsoft active directory and Cisco operating systems, virtual local area networks (i.e., VLANs) and virtual servers (e.g., VMware).
- Increase minimal education level to associates degree in information technology.
- Five (5) years of directly related experience supporting Tier 1 Service Desk operations, preferably supporting a large-scale government customer which included:
- Four (4) years of end point (i.e., client and mobile) troubleshooting and problem solving experience.
- Three (3) years of experience with remote management tools.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware, networks, account administration, and office automation software via telephone, email, or in person.
- Demonstrated experience with Remedy/Help Desk Management Systems.
- Incident Management – Identification, logging, categorization, prioritization, initial diagnosis, escalation, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery, and incident closure.
- Event Management – Instrumentation, notification, detection, filtering, significance determination, correlation, triggering, response selection, action review, and event closure.
- Request Fulfillment – The channel for users to request and receive standard services for which a pre-defined approval exists. This includes selection, financial approval, F-35 JPO approval, contractor fulfillment, and request closure.
- Problem Management – The reactive or proactive management, logging, categorization, prioritization, investigation and diagnosis, workaround, and resolution of problems. This includes a post-mortem review for all major problems.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the employee.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Indigenous Technologies is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Help Desk Technician|