DNI is providing network administration and engineering skill sets for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in Oklahoma City. We are currently interviewing for a Network Administrator to support this initiative in an enterprise-level work environment.
This is a full time/permanent position with excellent benefits, and outstanding compensation including full medical, dental, 401K vacation and holiday pay.
All applicants must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Candidate demonstrates proficiency in applying WAN/LAN technology in a campus type network in support of network architecture/design, installation, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of core communications networks. Assisted in the implementation of telecommunication/core communications network standards, policies, and procedures in support of WAN/LAN communications.
- Candidate demonstrates proficiency in resolving problems, and troubleshooting network communications/infrastructures issues involving a variety of hardware/software and different protocols and platforms. Understanding of using tools and methods such as: advanced protocol analysis, system log review, event correlation, network management/performance tools, and dataflow mapping to diagnose and resolve network problems/incidents.
- Candidate demonstrates proficiency with networking and providing technical management for global customers integrating systems into a production environment. Knowledgeable of multiple networking devices to include routers, firewalls, switches and network appliances in order to oversee project deployment. Background in integrating systems into a medium computing environment with multiple network platforms.
- Candidate demonstrates proficiency preparing technical correspondence about operating and managing network communications. Assists staff in developing and preparing written technical materials to include slides, memos, white papers and standard operating procedures. Communicates with customers/users regarding network changes/problems/solutions.
- Work experience demonstrates ability as technician in the assisting of implementation of security in a network environment. Ability to understand industry or organizational best practices and apply it to equipment. Ability to find security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain, manage and troubleshoot government network connectivity for more than 1,500 network devices to include switches, firewalls, routers, content switches and load balancers.
- Provide Tier II network support for worldwide federal government agencies that had services through the Defense Information Systems Agency.
- Support included port turn-ups, switch, router and firewall access list changes, DNS management, connectivity troubleshooting and redundancy configuration and testing.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience.
- CompTia Security+
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
DNI is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Intermediate Network Engineer|