Oracle Database Administrator
Indigenous Technologies is currently looking for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to join our firm in an effort to support the US Air Force in their enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of database design, database creation, and ongoing maintenance of Oracle 11g/12c databases and their servers.
- Experience as an Oracle database administrator for large-scale, enterprise level systems in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Able to perform database recovery utilizing RMAN and Oracle Data Pump export/import.
- Able to migrate large volumes of data utilizing Oracle Data Pump export/import.
- Working knowledge of database performance tools including Grid Control, TOAD, AWR, ADDM, and database performance views to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Experience administering Oracle technologies such as RAC, ASM, and Data Guard.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
- Able to assist colleagues and customers with programming issues involving the SQL and PL/SQL languages.
- Able to perform routine configuration management tasks as required under minimal supervision.
- A good knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Ability to enforce security measures as defined by the DISA database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
- Familiarity with MS-Office toolset.
- Ability to work off-hours as required.
- Checks availability, security, and health of assigned databases on a regular ongoing basis.
- Ensures logical and physical backups are successful and ensure skills are ready for restorations and recoveries.
- Monitors migrations of programs, database changes, and software upgrades/patches through the development life cycle.
- Troubleshoots problems with databases, applications and development tools.
- Implements and manages the effect of new security configurations and ongoing password changes.
- Provides coverage for teammates whilst they are taking time off.
- Participates within the DBA Team to organize effort, develop plans, and analyze strategy.
- Participates in after-hours scheduled maintenance events.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
CSI is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Oracle DBA|