- Provide assistance with development of certification documents that describe commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) purchases; non-developmental initiatives (NDI) acquisitions; new or significantly modified designs of radiating or receiving devices destined for use by the Department of Defense (DOD) or those included in a foreign military sales contract.
- Generate DD Form 1494, Application for Equipment Frequency Allocation using System Certification Software (SCS) and/or Equipment Location-Certification Information Database (EL-CID) software.
- Additionally, conduct evaluation of new or significantly modified equipment detailed in spectrum certification documents, or in support of efforts to glean information from equipment performance.
- Work with AFLCMC and AFRL Program Managers and Project Engineers to identify RF Equipment being used or projected to be used on, or in support of DOD contracts.
- Review, analyze, and process Equipment Frequency Allocation Papers. This Includes ensuring data is accurate, equipment characteristics are properly documented, intended use is properly described, and all areas where system fails to comply with National Spectrum Standards are documented.
- Work with Manufacturing RF Engineers, Program Office Engineers, and Air Force Spectrum Management Office RF Engineers to ensure all questions on RF System Technical Characteristics are addressed.
- For RF Systems to be used outside the U.S.; work with Program Offices, AFLCMC Foreign Disclosure Office, and DOD Command Frequency Management Offices receiving Equipment to ensure all systems are properly documented for release to Host Nations.
- Act as Technical expert on all National Rules and Regulations affecting use of the RF Spectrum. Expected to be focal point for working and if possible resolving any issues with use of RF Spectrum by AFLCMC and AFRL Programs developing new RF systems for entry into DOD inventory.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Electronics Engineering (EE), or Technical education and training related to RF Systems with at least 4 years’ experience working with RF Systems.
- Experience with computer programs, including Outlook.
- Must have a DOD Secret Security Clearance or be able to obtain one.
- Background in RF Systems and/or have attended the DOD Inter-service Frequency Management School is a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the System Engineer II position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the System Engineer II position.
While performing the responsibilities of the System Engineer II position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 25 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
We are an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Radio Frequency|