Certified Microsoft systems administrator with strong experience managing distributed infrastructures and data center operations composed of Windows and Linux platforms. Ability to plan, configure, install, and optimize information technology (IT) infrastructures to optimize performance and maintain high service availability. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining critical components composing the IT architecture (e.g., servers, computers, printers, and mobility endpoints; creating and deploying Windows images for desktops and laptops; building hardware to include Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines from scratch to run Windows; managing application patches, data backups, security changes, and network configurations).
Clearance and Certification Requirements:
- Secret Clearance based upon a SSBI completed within the past five years.
- IAT Level III certification in accordance with DoD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management” (or achieve within six months of TOA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert / Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, computer engineering, or a related discipline is required.
- Ten (10) years of cross-platform experience in systems administration including analyzing, designing, installing and maintaining hardware, software, peripherals, and networks
- Seven (7) years of end point (i.e., client and mobile) troubleshooting and problem solving experience
- Seven (7) years of experience with remote management tools
- Five (5) years of experience securing servers to DISA STIG standards
- Desired knowledge and associated operational application skillsets:
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V 2016
- Blackberry Enterprise or Good Mobile Server
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Identity Manager
- SQL Server
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory, Domain Name Servers, Cisco operating systems, wide, local, virtual area networks (i.e., VLANs) and virtual servers (e.g., Hyper-V).
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 10, 2012, 2016 and Linux.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Veeam Backup, Commvault Backup, McAfee BitLocker.
- Hardware: PC and mobility endpoints hardware.
- Networking: Ethernet 802.3, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, ARP, FTP, Telnet, DSL/Cable, switches, routers, firewalls (Cisco IOS), cabling, SMTP, POP3, NAT, VPN, VLAN, RIP, Ethernet 802.11, LAN/WAN.
- Superior troubleshooting and technical support abilities with data center migrations, network connectivity, and security architectures and cyber security platforms (e.g., Host Based Security Systems and Security Event and Incident Management systems).
- Knowledge of DoD enterprise network governance, policies, procedures and operations.
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|