This position is Monday through Friday 40 hours a week and requires the applicant to maintain a Top Secret clearance throughout the duration of employment. DNI contributes 100% to employee benefits offering BCBS PPO, vision, dental, matching 401K, short and long term disability, and life insurance.
Will serve as a network/system administrator on classified networks and stand-alone PCs. When needed, will also provide desktop support, to include installing desktops and peripherals, installing software, applying security patches and updating AV signatures on both PCs and servers. The majority of the work will be on the server side and not PC. The employee will work closely with the ISSO/ISSM on the continuous monitoring for the assigned systems.
- 4-6 years of experience engineering and supporting networking devices in a complex enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- An additional 3 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experienced designing network routing schemes, physical layouts, cable runs
- At least 5 years of experience with CISCO products.
- Perform a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Test and analyze all elements of complex network facilities (including power, software, communications devices, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Monitor and control the performance and status of the network resources.
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Must have a current Top Secret Security clearance.
- Must have current 8570 certification commensurate with an IAM I (ISC2-CAP; SANS-GSLC; or CompTIA Security +).
- Must have experience as administrator of MS Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 10 machines.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a general office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|