DNI is currently providing systems administration and engineering for the Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) located in Montgomery, AL. DECC Montgomery extends Service Management capabilities to approximately 1,750,000 users and currently operates UNIX and Microsoft Windows systems providing support to the Mission Partner user communities 24 hours-per-day, 7 days-per-week.
Must have an active Top Secret security clearance!
This is a full time/permanent position with excellent benefits, and outstanding compensation including full medical, dental, 401K vacation and holiday pay.
- Manage Unix and Windows environments, all flavors (HP, Solaris, AIX, Red Hat Linux, W2K, W2K3, W2K8, W2K12, ) to include restoring service, troubleshooting incidents and outages, back-ups/restoring, imaging/snapshots, user services, security administration, configuration management and application integration support for approximately 2,500 server platforms world-wide.
- Installing the Operating System and any corresponding application software.
- Proactively monitoring servers using Enterprise Systems Management tool sets, and correcting system anomalies when require.
- Monitoring system performance to identify and correct performance problem.
- Providing daily performance statistics and workload balancing recommendations to DECC Montgomery management.
- Monitoring Enterprise Security Posture System (ESPS) daily for vulnerabilities identified via the toolkit, Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), and other United States Cyber Command directives, taking appropriate action for either the government provided patch process or remediation action required.
- Analyzing current and projected workloads as basis for long-range capacity planning to assess hardware limitations and capabilities for new and/or increased workload.
- Providing recommended procedures for integrating new workloads onto the computer system.
- Manage clustering at the operating system layer, leveraging Veritas Clustering software, and other clustering packages.
- Apply/interpret applicable Security Requirement Guides (SRGs)/ STIGs to the Operating System, web, and/or applicable applications; Install and monitor HBSS and all required modules, tuning as necessary to mitigate current cyber threats and minimize application outages.
- Implement and sustain Active Directory solutions, to include policy management and compliance with Active Directory Hardening guidance.
- Manage technology refreshes where required, to ensure government compliance with tight timelines for the non-x86 Enterprise Virtualization Team (EVT) for the Enterprise, leveraging Oracle Ops Center, Virtual Data Centers, VMWare vCenter, and Elastic Sky X integrated (ESXi) inclusive of installation, implementation and sustainment of the virtualized operating environments.
- Perform detailed performance analysis, trending, report generation, Critical Success Factors/Key Performance Indicators, analytics and metrics regarding operating system resources, identifying anomalies to allow proactive intervention to guarantee system availability.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
DNI is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||Systems Administration|