This program is supporting the U.S. Air Force working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in Oklahoma City.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in the Microsoft/VMware migration and implementation background with a system integrator and have delivered the same or very similar projects and network designs.
· Support the VMware ESX environment including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
· Handle ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc.
· Have a general knowledge of server technologies, and network and enterprise storage technologies.
· Participate in the implementation of agreed upon solutions and strategies.
· Serve as a technical primary contact on projects as assigned.
· Serve as an escalation point for technical issues at the team level.
· Troubleshoot technology issues, using various internal and external resources.
· Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
· Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects.
· Participate in post-mortem process for problems as appropriate.
· Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
· Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.
· Stay current on industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives.
· VMware Certified Professional (preferred)
· Strong understanding of networking, infrastructure and client side architectures, software lifecycle, and system design.
· Strong understanding of the IBM / HP Server platform.
· Working knowledge of the Intel chipset architecture and offerings.
· Expert knowledge in VMware ESX 6.x which includes the following: Service Console, Vmotion, DRS, HA, Host Isolation, Virtual Center.
· Working knowledge in conducting performance analysis for both the ESX host and their guests in the areas of CPU, Memory and I/O utilization.
· Working knowledge of automation for the purposes of deploying host/guest builds.
· Working knowledge of Enterprise NAS and SAN technologies.
· Strong understanding of networking technologies which include virtual nics, virtual switches, heartbeat configurations, physical and virtual lan topologies.
· Ability to work with vendors to conduct proof of concepts and develop testing methodologies.
· Experienced with design and engineering virtualized environments.
· Knowledge in virtual desktop technologies.
· PowerCLI, Powershell, C# Programming Skills are desired.
· Hands on experience with the implementation/integration of a virtualized environment.
· Minimum of 2 years VMware experience desired.
· 2 years in enterprise server experience desired.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent people skills with ability to handle difficult personnel situations.
· Strong understanding of project management methodologies and processes.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
· Ability to create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledge base of the infrastructure.
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
· Ability to establish performance models and validation techniques.
· Ability to establish best practices for monitoring and forecasting of system/application capacity.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
· Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· US Citizenship
· Secret security clearance
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Indigenous Technologies is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
|Job Category||VMware Administrator|