Windows System Administrator
Agency/Department: Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Montgomery / Federal Support Staff
Location: DISA, Maxwell AFB – Gunter Annex, Montgomery AL
Serves as a Windows System Administrator for DISA Operations, DECC-Montgomery located at Maxwell Air Force Base – Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama responsible for maintaining the functionality and efficiency of multiple Windows based Operating Systems. This individual performs duties that include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops policies, procedures and standards related to the use of Windows based resources. Assists in strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple Windows based systems, operating environments, and related software. Schedules, plans and oversees system upgrades. Develops functional requirements through daily interactions with customers and coordinates with the development teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Demonstrates technical and comprehensive knowledge in Windows based operating systems to include performing assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling Windows operating and supporting system software; analyzing system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting series of diagnostic tests on both operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing technical documentation, testing and installing software, researching and recommending methods and techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical projects with varying schedules.
- DoD 8570:
– Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification: CompTIA Security+ preferred.
– Computing Environment (CE) Certification: • Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification preferred.
– Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- Required: Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated.
- Must have Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2-5 years of experience or 5+ years experience providing Windows system administration support in network and software development environments ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments.
- Provide technical expertise in Windows system administrative subjects, concepts and tool sets supporting DECC‑Montgomery operations, specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up and maintaining multiple different types/versions of Windows operating systems;
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to Windows operating systems and related tool sets;
- Provide integration support, when requested, to integrate systems and tool sets into overall processes, procedures and systems;
- Support cybersecurity and IA policy efforts to maintain the cybersecurity posture of Windows systems, related hardware and support tools;
- Exercise independent judgement in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in such a metter as to gain understanding and acceptance from others.
- Improve the customer’s operating environment by providing support for both DECC‑Montgomery and DISA Mission Partners’ assets.
- Special projects as assigned.